Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Loan Officer Training - Please Understand It Is NOT A Numbers Game! Especially In The Mortgage Biz

If you do 100 calls, you'll acquire 50 unrecorded people. Of those you'll be able to confabulate with 25 folks. Of those, you'll acquire 12 that show interest. Of those, you should acquire 6 appointments.

Ever hear that statement? Or something similar to it? Sure you have, EVERY Loan Military Officer have heard this at least once in his career. "It's a Numbers game. Work the Numbers and the Numbers will work for you." The first clip I heard this is really did bug me. Not the fact that's what it is or how small/big that figure is to you, but the fact that everyone just holds to it without really thinking about why.

Let me utilize a football game analogy here. I once heard a college running back who was a large star in the 70's talking about how he was able to put a batch of records in his division (I can't retrieve the guy's name for the life of me). He went on to state he didn't believe of each game, he thought about each drama within the game. One drama can't be run until the former drama is finished. (Which do sense). He went on to state when he thought of each individual play, he realized that each individual drama was designed to ensue in a touchdown. Once he got his head framework to that, it made all the difference for him to put those records.

That was such as a powerful statement to me. Once I heard that, this "it's all a Numbers game" statement was totally fake to me in it's current state. Oh I'm sure if you look at the Numbers on a expansive scale, the percents come up out, but I was thinking of them on a different scale.....MINE!

Just as in football, every telephone phone call is designed to ensue in a touchdown, or loan appointment. So, once I thought of it this way, consequences were changed in my favour because I EXPECTED each telephone phone call to acquire the good results.

Yes, I cognize this is a mentality thing, but really believe about it. If the "it's a figure game" is an average, what makes an norm mean? It's a combination of the peak of something and the last of something. In footing of Loan Officers getting consequences in the Mortgage Business, wouldn't it be better to be in the peak category?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home